We spend the day exploring Old San Juan, Puerto Rico to find out the best things to do in the old city!
We start out at one of the furthest points in the city, an old fortification called Castillo San Felipe del Morro San Juan. We spend a little while exploring the vast grounds, people watching, and enjoying the view, including overlooking an old cemetery.
Next we head out into the city and come across a beautiful courtyard that reminded us quite a bit of Southern Spain. The courtyard is part of the Museo de las Américas but you don’t have to pay to go into the museum in order to see the courtyard.
It was a really hot day so we decided to grab some ice cream at the famous Señor Paleta. It is essentially ice cream on a stick and we got one Oreo flavour and one Nutella.
Afterwards we headed to the Paseo de la Princesa which is a promenade which really comes alive on Sunday’s with vendors and even people salsa dancing. After this we headed up the street to find the famous umbrellas on Fortaleza Street. Being Sunday it was packed with people.
Lastly we decided to try a famous Puerto Rican drink. We’ve had many Pina Coladas in the past without knowing where they came from. But it turns out the were invented right in Old San Juan at a restaurant called Barrachina. We head to the original restaurant to try it for ourselves.
ABOUT OLD SAN JUAN
Old San Juan is a historic district located at the “northwest triangle” of the islet of San Juan. Its area roughly correlates to the Ballajá, Catedral, Marina, Mercado, San Cristóbal, and San Francisco subbarrios of barrio San Juan Antiguo in the municipality of San Juan, Puerto Rico.
ABOUT PUERTO RICO
Puerto Rico is a Caribbean island and unincorporated U.S. territory with a landscape of mountains, waterfalls and the El Yunque tropical rainforest. In San Juan, the capital and largest city, the Isla Verde area is known for its hotel strip, beach bars and casinos. Its Old San Juan neighborhood features colorful Spanish colonial buildings and El Morro and La Fortaleza, massive, centuries-old fortresses.
► SUBSCRIBE! – http://bit.ly/1M4etCO
► FOLLOW US
○ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/delightfultravellers/
○ Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/deltravellers
○ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/delightfultravellers/
○ Newsletter: https://bit.ly/2QgKRbK
○ Website: https://www.delightfultravellers.com
► SUPPORT US
All and any support we receive helps us to travel more and upgrade our camera gear- meaning it helps us to create more and better quality content!
○ PayPal (Tip Jar): https://paypal.me/delightfultravellers
○ Sign up for AirBnB (Save up to $40 ): https://bit.ly/2L7unjD
○ Book hotels through Booking.com: https://booki.ng/2VBaKaa
► OUR GEAR
○ Store: https://amzn.to/2ArrQ1l
○ Camera: https://amzn.to/2L11lnv
○ Tripod: https://amzn.to/2Uo7fDc
○ Drone: https://amzn.to/2E8y6NT
○ Go Pro: https://amzn.to/2UwauJ4
○ Hard Drive: https://amzn.to/2VpVQU7
○ SD Card: https://amzn.to/2CMk2Zp
○ Charger: https://amzn.to/2s7ese6
► ABOUT US
A little bit of luxury, a little bit of budget, a whole lot of travel! We’re Anna and Trevor and we’re setting out to explore as much of the world as we possibly can. We want to encourage you get out there and explore in your own way, not the way someone else tells you to travel!
► CONTACT US
○ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org