http://bestflights.co.za/caribbean/bahamas – Visit for more information on the Bahamas.
The Bahamas is an archipelago consisting of about 29 islands and is located in the Atlantic Ocean. The word Bahamas is of Spanish decent and means “shallow waters”. The Bahamas has a total land area of almost 14 000 km2 and a population of about 330 000.
What to see / do
• Ardastra Gardens
• Atlantis Resort / Outdoor Aquarium
• Dolphin Encounters
• Grand Bahama Island
• Lucayan National Park
• Pirates of the Caribbean Tours
• Pirates of Nassau Museum
• Port Lucaya Marketplace
• Junkanoo — Mardi Gras-style festival
• Bacardi Billfish Tournament – A deep-sea fishing tournament
• Eleuthera Pineapple Festival — A Junkanoo parade, craft displays, dancing, a pineapple recipe contest, tours of pineapple farms, and a “pineathalon”
• Great Bahamas Seafood and Heritage Festival — A cultural affair showcasing authentic Bahamian cuisine, traditional music, and storytelling.